A Viniyoga therapist adapts and applies yoga techniques and practices to help individuals facing structural, physiological and/or mental and emotional health conditions. Yoga therapy is derived from the Yoga tradition of Patanjali and the Ayurvedic system of health.
What are the long-term wellness effects of yoga therapy:
- reducing some of the symptoms of pain and suffering;
- managing the symptoms of pain and suffering;
- exploring the causes of pain and suffering;
- adopting a healthy lifestyle, and
- shifting one’s outlook on life and relationships.
The process begins with an initial 2 hour interview, evaluation and take home practice session. Four weekly or bimonthly sessions follow to continue with modifications and refinements of the practice.